Red Devil

1985 Toyota Celica

 
2 Raings     1044 Views

  Updates History

Removed A/C compressor, saved 14lbs from the engine.

Jan 3, 2012 8:43:17 PM

Brakes completed. Starion wheels will not work, will rebarrel TRD Sports T2 with my own custom center caps. New oil pan should be arriving soon.

Oct 16, 2011 9:13:34 PM

Auto Explosion has complete the work and fully buffed out. Looks amazing. Now time to bring it back to the shop to finish up the brakes and suspension.

Jul 20, 2011 4:46:01 AM

The Chassis is still at Auto Explosion. I also picked up a set of Starion wheels, 16x8 -10 and 16x9 +0. The wheels have better brake clearance than the XXR 002s so I'm hoping it also clears the fenders properly.

May 14, 2011 1:52:12 PM
Will probably switch a Previa rear axle. I've measured and it's about 10" wider than a MKI supra rear axle. This will work well with widened body. It also gives me larger bearings and larger rear brakes as well as being ventilated. Nov 7, 2010 7:42:16 AM

Plugs for the ECU have arrived at ToyotaMotorsports and now at Toysport's shop. Figuring out the immobilizer is next.

Jun 17, 2010 8:18:06 PM

New plugs for the ECU have been ordered, should be here this week. Some progress on the IMSA wide body kit has happened, first set should be completed in two months.

Apr 27, 2010 6:56:27 PM

Obtained an undamaged digital gauge cluster, including wiring harness, fuel sender. Also grabbed a dash that's in much better shape than my original as well as a replacement seal for the antenna. Toysport has started wiring things out on the engine, slow process but continuing. Projected complete date is by TORC.

Mar 7, 2010 9:20:56 AM

Just received adjustable (AGX) short stroke shocks and shortened struts from Darin at Celica-GTS.com they've been done up pretty nicely. Follow up pics soon.

Aug 30, 2009 6:29:50 PM

I have the 1/2" spacers from Prestigious as well as hub centric rings for the front and back. I'll be dropping off the compiled wiring documentation for the car at Toysport today. It's about 230 pages!

Aug 20, 2009 8:33:41 PM

Nissan big brake kit is under way. Test fitted the Z31 hubs with the Z32 calipers and brackets with the Z33 Track rotors and everything bolts up correctly. The problem is that the wheels I have do not have enough clearance for the calipers, so I will need to get 1/2" spacers for the front wheels. This should fix my problem.

Aug 10, 2009 9:44:05 PM

Last tuesday I ran the 2 gauge cable from the engine bay to the trunk using what would have been the clutch master cylinder port in the fire wall. There is a rubber gromet that blocks it off, but if you punch a whole in it makes it quite nice and keeps the cable snug and in place.

Apr 23, 2009 7:23:53 AM

They have the steering rack bolted up and attached new end links. Still needs to be tidied up. They're still working on the transmission mount a little, like it's in, but they're reinforcing it. Also have a different radiator going in. Never realized that our stock one is a single core. So this one has a bit more surface area, but it's a dual row. It needs to get reconditioned and we'll probably be relocating the ducts. We basically got the largest radiator we could get that would fit nicely and this one is a snug fit, lol.

Apr 11, 2009 3:03:21 AM

Well, the engine and transmission are both bolted in, as well as the exhaust. Wiring will be a bitch. But I'm happy this is moving on. I'll be heading to the junk yard friday to go look for a new radiator. Battery will have to be moved to the back so the electronics up front will be happy.

Mar 11, 2009 4:09:48 PM

Went to the shop today to check on things. Interior has been completely removed to get better access to everything. Assessing the random sensors is another thing to tackle to make sure the ECU won't throw a fit without all the junk hooked up to it.

Feb 13, 2009 8:47:03 PM