2. Hometown: Metro Manila
  3. Joined: 03.27.08
  4. Online: No
  5. Posts: 524
  6. Member ID: #418
  8. rss Fav News (0)
  9. heart gold l Fav Videos (0)
  10. video play My Videos (0)

Profile surfing in facebook yesterday made me realize that more than half the people I know back there (in the US) have already gotten married/knocked up. That has to be some kind of statistical anomaly - to have some many people in their early 20's become so eager to form a family so early. I think that probably hasn't happened to any other generation since, perhaps, the baby boomers. But that's where the anomaly lay; the baby boomers had a growing economy and massive spending power as incentive. What's making everyone think it's a good idea to start young families today? The only explanation I can think of is that it must be the steady dose of pre-teen banal-romance crap-vampire movies (twilight), shitty, whiney (emo) music and pomegranates (could be, does that make you fertile?) that've been so trendy the last few years giving everyone a disposable and artificial feel-good feeling. I'm ranting because several of those friends seem far too smart and still have their whole lives ahead of them to fall into that trap. Seems like they've all nailed themselves into that all-american coffin of marrying your college sweetheart, having your obese corn (syrup)-fed 2.5 kids not long after then taking up one low paying job after another and being miserable, or worse still, content, for the rest of your life. But I may be wrong.

Still the rashness of their decision became all the more glaring to me when "Indecent Proposal" and "Forget Paris" started showing one after the other on HBO last night, detailing how quickly even the most devoted relationships disintegrate. The gods of cable television must be trying to tell me something. If there's one positive thing that's probably come out of this is that they all seem to really love their kids and are genuinely interested in raising and providing for them, rather than just rachet up another "baby momma" notch in their belts or having an accessory they can play with like those prepubescent trailer trash bitches on Jerry Springer or Ricki Lake. That's another statistical anomaly to wrap your head around in.

/rant over

---------------------------------------

Aldrich

time evening Posted: 02/8/10 7:41 PM unknown
AJAJ
  1. Rep: 121
  2. Hometown: Westminster
  3. Joined: 03.24.08
  4. Online: No
  5. Posts: 2162
  6. Member ID: #407
  8. rss Fav News (3)
  9. heart gold l Fav Videos (5)
  10. video play My Videos (33)
Yea I don't know, not many of my friends have had children yet, only one has started having children, but he's Mormon so that doesn't count, they always start young =P

I know I plan not having children probably until i'm 30.
---------------------------------------

Home

General

Off Topic

Catching up with people

member Who's Online Viewing This Topic
member add 0 Members, member remove 1 Guest (based on activity over the past 5 minutes)

1. tag pencil 2 Replies
  2. tag zoom 249 Views